Elm Ridge Country Club was established in 1924 in Dorval and is one of the oldest clubs in North America. The Club’s name was likely inspired by the double row of stately elm trees that framed the short drive in from St. Joseph Boulevard (now Lakeshore Road) in Dorval; or possibly from the common name of the farm where the course was to be located.
The founders could not have anticipated how quickly the appeal of Club membership would be surpassed by interest in the game itself. By the end of its first season, in 1925, the Club had 221 members. It became apparent that the course would have to expand from its initial 9-hole course to a full 18 in short order. The back nine was completed by the summer of 1927.
Our current facilities were built in 1960 and consist of two 18-hole Championship courses on Île Bizard. We can still see the stone walls used to separate the Seigneury properties which now defines our fairways.
It is inspiring to see how, throughout the years, our members have distinguished themselves on the golf course, in golfing circles and in the Montréal community at large.
We are proud to say that we continue to assume a leadership role and to set a standard of excellence, which others will hopefully embrace.